Patient Comment Form
Help us to keep your Records Accurate
The role of the NHS is to help you to stay as well and healthy as possible and to offer you advice and treatment when you become unwell. For this reason it is important that your health record is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Maintaining your health record correct is the highest priority of every one working in the practice.
However, sometimes you might spot something on your medical record that you are concerned might be wrong. If this happens, please complete this form and we will review your records.
How we will respond to your query
- We will acknowledge your query within 5 working days. Please note that for confidentiality reasons we cannot respond to queries from anyone other than the patient, except parents / legal guardians of children under 16 years or where there is a Lasting Power of Attorney.
- We will review your records and report back to you within 28 days
- What we will tell you:
- If the entry appears to be correct and the evidence to support it
- If the entry is factually incorrect, we will tell you that it has been corrected
- If there is no clear correct answer and the entry is open to debate, we will note
that you have queried this. Legally, we cannot remove any entry or comment
unless it is factually incorrect, but we will ensure that your opinion is clearly
- Having had our response, if you still have queries, you are welcome to speak to the
practice manager. If they are unable to deal with your question, they will arrange for you
to speak to a doctor.
Details of the record in question
Information submitted through secure forms is used only for the purposes of processing your request. We may
be in touch with you in relation to the information submitted.
All Information submitted through secure forms is secured with a private key and is accessed over a secure
connection by nominated staff. We have a strict confidentiality policy.
This information is not shared with any third party organisations.
This information is retained for up to 28 days.
Should you have any concerns about sending your personal details using the web,
please use one of the alternative methods offered by our organisation.